Update for International Calling
Google Voice services are available at very low rates for international calls. The rates are competitive in sample comparisons with other long-distance calling providers. For example, cost to landlines in the UK, France, Spain, Argentina, Taiwan and Australia are merely 2 cents per minute.
Rates are higher if calling mobile or satellite phones.
The rate chart (price per minute) is comprehensive. Rates are broken out by country and sometimes city, which generally allows more affordable rates for calls to metropolitan areas.
Features and instructions
Google Voice users can enable a function to record individual telephone calls.
Before using any Google Voice feature, review the Google Voice Legal Notice carefully. It includes important instructions!
- Google Voice is not capable of placing or receiving emergency services calls
- Google does not claim any ownership in any of the content that you or your callers upload, transmit or store in your Google Voice account.
- We will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the Service.
- Users may buy prepaid credits to be used for Google Voice services.
- Google will be under no obligation to offer any refunds or reimbursements for the purchase price of such prepayments.
- Usage of minutes is billed in one minute increments.
- Prepaid credits are billed at the time of purchase.
- Unless prohibited by law, outbound calling credit purchased will expire six (6) months from the most recent date of use, and may not be transferred.
When launching calling in Gmail in August 2010, Google:
… wanted it to be easy and affordable, so we made calls to the U.S. and Canada free for the rest of 2010.
According to the Official Gmail Blog, free phone service will be extended all year, through the end of 2011.
Dialing a number works the same way as it would for a regular phone. Look for “Call phone” at the top of the chat list once logged on to Gmail. Either dial a phone number or enter a contact’s name. And that is all!
To learn more, visit Gmail Chat and Voice call. Phone calls with Gmail are available free of charge for U.S. and Canadian based Gmail users only.